Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 2...and Learning

Well - two days and two posts - I'm on a roll.  I thought I would share with you the swaps I created and shared at the Stampin' Up! Convention 2012.  This was my first year to attend and I wasn't sure if I should participate in organized swaps or just do the general swaps.  Being the organized person that I am, I opted for the organized swaps. 

The first swap I entered was the Christmas in July swap.  My card featured the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set in Real Red and Gumball Green. The images were punched out with the 1" circle and popped up with Dimensionals on a 1 1/4" circle of Real Red or Gumball Green.  I also used the Scallops Square Duo in Whisper White and layered this on a square of Real Red.  The sentiment is from the More Merry Messages stamp set.  I topped it off by adding Dazzling Diamonds to the Jolly Bingo Bits images.  I did a grand total of 80 of these card fronts to share.

The second swap I entered was the Black and White Swap.  My card front featured an image from Delicate Doillies which was then cut out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  The stamped image was then popped up with Dimensionals on a 2 3/8" scallop circle and embellished with a Basic Rhinestone and white gel dots using the uni-ball Signal white gel pen (the best I have ever used). Basic black and Whisper White were layed with the large Whisper White paper embossed with the Stripes folder.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched with the Word Window Punch and layered on the banner from the Petal Cone Die.  I used the Happy Anniversary but you could use this for a Birthday, Congrats, Wedding or just Thinking of You. I did 30 of these to swap.

The third swap was the Punch Art Swap!  I'll share these with you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cathy!! Welcome to the world of blogging! I know exactly how intimidating this journey can be. But how much fun and fulfilling as well. So glad you decided to take the plunge.

    It was GREAT meeting you at Convention (the first for both of us) and it was WONDERFUL having you as a roommate, and my own personal alarm clock! I never had to worry about missing a class. Not even my way-too-early flight home. Love your blog. Love your cards (I have your originals here at home and can attest to your skills and creativity). Have a wonderful week. Best of luck and God Bless!!
    Love Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete