Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

My mom taught us girls that you should always state what you are thankful for instead of focusing on what you don't have. With this in mind, I've decided to dedicate Thursdays to stating what I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for.....CASE'd (Copy and Share Everything) ideas.  I have days when I feel creative and there are days when I'm not. 

Today's card is a take off a cute Patriotic card that I found on Pinterest. 


To ensure I had the same placement for the ornaments, I lined up three sheets of cardstock and cut the ornament image one time - and they cut through three sheets of Stampin' Up! cardstock!  And I love the embossed image it also created.  I then popped each image with Dimensionals and stamped a Christmas greeting in VersaMark and them embossed with embossing powder.  This technique really helps the sentiment stand out against the card background.  And I tied it all up with Baker's Twine.

Here is a list of supplies I used:

Stamp Set: More Merry Messages (#126400 - wood; 126402 - clear)
Ink: VersaMark (#102283)
Paper:  Gumball Green (#126840), Whisper White (#100730), Cherry Cobbler (#119685), Crumb Cake (#120953)
Accessories:  Holiday Ornament Framelits (#127816), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (#123125), Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder (#122949), Dimensionals (#104430)

If you would like to order any of these items,  you can place an order here

No comments:

Post a Comment