Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thoughts of You....

After a major holiday, I sometimes have problem trying to figure out what to do next...anyone else have that problem?  Well, if you do, try this.  I take this time to put together general use cards....Thinking of You, Get Well, Sympathy, etc.

Sometimes I create, other times I CASE (Copy And Steal Everything) and sometimes I pull a sample from my stash and recreate.

Today's card is one from my stash.


For this card, I took an 8.5 x 5.5" Basic Black card stock and scored it at 4.25".  I then took Whisper White cut to 8.5 x 5.25".  To get the edge I take the Black cardstock and cut the edge using the Adorning Accents Edgelit.  Then I take the Whisper White and cut the same edge and use the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder which matches and emboss the edge.

Then I measure the black cardstock from the edge to the score line.  When I have this measurement, I then subtract a 1/4" and cut the white.  The remainder of the white I place inside the card, matching the lines of the white on the top flap.  That way you get the black, white, black, white layered look.

I then can place any image on the front.  I utilized the flower from the Bordering on Romance and the sentiment from Word Play.  I love both sets and they are some of my Go-To products. I colored the flowers with a Blender Pen and my stamp ink. When the Blender Pen is freshly loaded, I do the edges because there is a greater magnitude of ink....then I blend towards the center.

If you'll notice, the embossed edge isn't straight.....ooops....  No problems, I use these type of cards as my samples.  I put the instructions to include the sizes, instructions and colors on the back.  That way when I need a card quick, I don't have to refigure or create - I just go to my samples and make a quick card!

Hope you enjoy this card and my quick tip....comments are welcome!!!

Many Blessings....Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment